Wednesday 20 May 2009

NOOOO, I was on home base!

So I've been tagged. I'm sure I was safe on home base but since these playground games have no referees I'll just have to go along with what Lisa says. She always makes me giggle so my belly jiggles so I guess I will let her get away with it, seriously, go check her out, she's one funny chick. She lives in the sticks and still has a sense of humor, she's gotta be good!
1. What are your current obsessions?
Um... Chocolate, sleep, chocolate... you get the picture.

2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often?
Underwear, never go without it. Other than that... My jeans or when it's hotter my not quite jeans.

3. What's for dinner?
Well, dinner was a couple of hours ago but it was BBQ ribs with a hint of paprika-eating-bugs in the marinade. I got out what I could and then found they had populated half my spice cupboard (the half not in Tupperware, that'll teach me. We had freezer fries and my bean and tomato thing that is so yummy.

4. Last thing you bought?
I did some groceries yesterday. I think that was it.

5. What are you listening to?
The nothingness of my kids sleeping. I love it.

6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be?
The Goddess of well behaved children. I reckon I'd be pretty popular!

7. Favorite vacation spots?
We don't go away that much. When we get holidays we go visit family.

8. Reading right now?
Blogs, DUH.

9. Four words to describe yourself;
Mostly made of chocolate.

10. Guilty pleasure?
I'm not into guilt. If this means something I am supposed to feel guilty about in societies eyes then I'll go with chocolate... are we seeing a theme here???

11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?
My sweet Wolf and my kiddles. They crack me up! Also getting together with my girls I usually end up with tears in my eyes.

12. Favorite thing to do in the summer?
Sit around in air conditioning. Shop in air conditioning. Just generally be in air conditioned places.

13. Planning to travel to next?
Church camp is June long weekend, camping with a zillion other people listening to me trying to get my kids to sleep... looking forward to that. I guess that is our nearest plan. Other than that I will be travelling to bed soon.

14. Best thing you ate or drank lately?
My ribs were pretty darn good! Mmmm, I really liked them, bugs and all.

15. When did you last get tipsy?
I didn't have anything to eat for too long this morning and I was talking with someone and she started to move all over the place and go kinda fuzzy. I figured it was probably me, not her.

16. Favorite ever film?
The Princess Bride. LOVE IT!

17. Care to share some wisdom?
Matchbox planes really hurt when you stand on them, they can also take HUGE chunks out of the wall when the hit at the right angle.

18. Least favorite thing about driving in the Boondocks?
The Boondock drivers. Really, living in Bundy taught us about boondock drivers (I am sure you and everyone you care about are great drivers Lisa but generally speaking here), they just drive like they are cruising a field in a tractor. Indicators, why when I'm the only tractor in the field? Give way, who is there to give way to in this great big field? SERIOUSLY GUYS, YOU AREN'T IN A FIELD TODAY!

19. Least favorite part of your day?
The bit where I wake up with a child in mid air about to hit me fair in the chest. Our bed is quite high, made of recycled 100+ year old timber from a pool hall in Rocky somewhere. It has these massive chunks of wood for the side panels and they use them to boost themselves up onto the bed. Problem is usually they stand on them and launch themselves through the air onto me. It's amazing how often something alerts me to wake up just as they are at that flying point. It scares me EVERY DAY. It is not something I will get used to but I am assuming it will lose it's appeal by the time they are 16 so I guess that's good.

20. Where do you hide to eat the last piece of chocolate?
If the kids are in the lounge or play room I know I can't go far without them deciding that I am packing my bags and leaving for good. There is a small wall (as wide as the fridge is deep) just around the corner from our fridge and I can't be seen from either the playroom or lounge if I stand right up against the wall. It's great, so many uses for that wall.

Rules of the meme.
Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question (oh man, I just realised I didn't do that one). Add one question. Tag 8 people.

Now let me see...
Chimera from Dancing to a Different Beat
Mum-me from Our Aussie Half-Dozen
Queen Stuss from If on a Winters Night a Traveler
Grannysaurus from Dragonlady Grotto
Sandra from Smilie Girl
Bobbie-Jo from My Journey Home
Sue from 3 Peas in a Pod

10 comments:

  1. Now I want chocolate...

    Mrs. Nurse Boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. #19 would scare me to death. I hated when my kids would jump on me especially when I was pregnant.

    Thanks for tagging me. I'll do this one soon.

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can attest to #17. Also stray Lego pieces beneath a bare foot in the middle of the night, ouch. And I love The Princess Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so funny! I too have great affection for A/C, chocolate, sleep, and the Princess Bride. I recently checked it out at the library for Bee, and now she loves it too. It's nice to have someone to watch it with, who can appreciate its genius.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun meme! And always, I love your wit!

    And #17? So true, my friend, so true...

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same about the summer thing...air conditioning. So lovely.

    And you might have been on home, but I pushed you off and paid off the ref so I could tag you! hee!hee!

    I want that wall, by the way. I hide in the kitchen, stopped behind the island so Jonathan can't see me. Or Hubby. If Hubby sees me he reminds me that I told him to remind me not to eat candy because I'm trying to lose weight. Sure, he listened to me that time..the big jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting!
    I like 'The aPrincess Bride' movie too!

    P.S I gave you an award from my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love getting to know you! Your advice about the match box planes needs to be on the back of the packaging, it really does. Match box planes could be registered as a deadly foot weapon.

    Love your chocolate eating spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate - yum!
    Loved your wisdom - I can verify that it's true.
    What are boondocks?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, even if it's just to say "Hi, I stopped by for a read today"
We love comments, we don't love spam. Too much spam means I'm moderating comments now and have put on an anti-robot word verification doo-dad, sorry.