Saturday 4 October 2008

Can A 3 Year Old Use a Computer?

This weekend I have to go to a town 4 hours away to set up some a new software program, there is a lot of stuff I need to set up so I brought my new work 'notebook' out to the lounge this morning to make sure I had everything I need loaded. I set it down a stepped out for a few minutes to make a cup of coffee. When I came back this is what I found:



Hmmm.... Lion is doing some work on Daddy's computer. Then all of a sudden Lion punches the air trimphantly 'Yah! I got him, Daddy!'

Wolf: 'What is going on there Lion?'
Lion: 'I'm shooting them. I'm playing Air Vaders.'


W: 'Oh Space Invaders, on my computer?'
L: 'Well, you walked away, so it was my turn to use the computer.'
Dragon: 'Poo-Ta! Poo-Ta! Me! First!'


I had shown Lion this game once before because he had gotten excited over the fact that he had computer game socks for the wedding, so I showed him the computer game on which the pictures on the socks were modeled after. Since then he is always asking to play the game. So I guess the answer to the question "Can a 3 year old use a computer?" is yes, he has picked it up pretty well too, his co-ordination is a little off but would do ever better if he was using joystick to move the gun.

-Wolf McT

3 comments:

  1. Cheetah's dad told us that children who have doting grandparents are brighter. He read it somewhere. It must be true. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lion is very clever to be able to use a computer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that generation - he will know more about new technology by the time he's 10 years old than probably you (and certainly me) ever will.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, even if it's just to say "Hi, I stopped by for a read today"
We love comments, we don't love spam. Too much spam means I'm moderating comments now and have put on an anti-robot word verification doo-dad, sorry.