Tuesday 20 November 2012

Reindeer and your eternal salvation...

So we know that they all know The Boar's Head Carol and Feliz Navidad around here but another tune that always gets some time in the spotlight as Christmas approaches is "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" (YouTube link here).  Today my little Monkey was singing it for me.  His version saw both Grandma and Grandad get taken out by the wayward Caribou.  His version also had an interesting ending for a 3 year old singing a Christmas song.

Grandma and Grandad got run over by a reindeeeeer
And they got kiiiiiiilled
But God gave them new bodieeeeeees in heaven
And new hands and new fingeeeeeers


Wolf was, of course, thankful that we will also be getting new hands and fingers to go with our new bodies when we get to heaven.  I was just thinking that it might be time to cash in that therapy fund for this kid.



2 comments:

  1. That is so cute. (I have to admit though that the "grandma" song is not a favorite of mine!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say that it's not one of my favourites either. Thankfully the kids only know the chorus too, we have a plush reindeer that sings it. I can't say I'd ever heard of it before we received him.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, even if it's just to say "Hi, I stopped by for a read today"
We love comments, we don't love spam. Too much spam means I'm moderating comments now and have put on an anti-robot word verification doo-dad, sorry.